Monday, May 14, 2012

Farewell Florida


 Before we left for church on Sunday I decided to get some quick pix of Linda's gardens and pool.  I had to fly out very early Monday morning to I decided to have her take me to Orlando on Sunday night rather than having to get up at 3:30 AM on Monday.

See the pretty orange butterfly?
Helping Linda set up the communion table


The church Linda attends is new and very small so they are meeting in the chapel of a funeral home.  Got to see some of the same people I met on Thursday night but their service was much warmer and more to my liking than the smaller group activity.
We had already loaded the car with art materials and Linda's paintings to go to Giverny Art In The Garden back at Gateway.  It was the opening of the indoor art exhibit and they had invited anyone who wanted to participate in the garden part by showing and selling their paintings while working in the outdoors.  We were late getting there so we set up close to the parking lot and hence, the entrance so the few people that came through at least got to see Linda's stuff.  I worked on my watercolor (see below) which clearly looks like a 4th grader did it, but it was fun and I would still love to take some classes.  The weather got a little dicey so after a couple of hours we loaded up and headed back to the house.
Yes, I will be painting this someday.

 Finished packing then headed toward Orlando but stopped for dinner in Heathrow at The Stonewood Grill.  We shared a wonderful smoked salmon appetizer that we both decided would have been ample for our meal.  I ordered a chicken pot pie that was HUGE so Linda ended up taking half of it home with her for leftovers.  We finished our drive to see what lovely hotel Hotwire had booked for me and I was pleasantly surprised.  Free hotel shuttle at 5 AM, quiet, nice bed and safe. That's all I cared about...and all for under $50.  A great vacation comes to an end as I'm not counting the cab ride once I landed in Birmingham that took me to the Greyhound station where I got to enjoy a microwaved breakfast biscuit while I read for several hours before catching the bus to Montgomery.  However, my handsome husband was there waiting for me after his class so all was well.  It was a wonderful week doing all my favorite things with a great friend but as always, I'm glad to be home.





No comments: