So our plan was to hit the Georgia Aquarium after sleeping in but when we got there the lines were crazy so we opted to be flexible. We went to Underground Atlanta which didn't open until noon so we wandered the streets looking at cool old churches and any other building that appealed to me and snapped some pix of the capitol.
Headed back to the Underground which was frankly a little run down looking with some shops and such. Several places for band to play so it's probably a little more happening at night.
We did stop and listen what looked to be a family band that was playing jazz. They had a tip jar out and were selling their cd's for $5. Seemed like a good investment.
Next on the list was the High Museum of Art. I must say Tom was being a very good sport as this probably wouldn't be on his list of "must do" while in the city. Again, not a big fan of the modern stuff but I do love the European and early American art.
And yeah, it does appear that there might be a theme in my "likes'.....
This solid black building was right outside the museum and looked like something from a Batman movie. Cool!
We headed to Atlantic Station to see what it was and what it was was a great shopping area with awesome stores including H&M where I've ALWAYS wanted to go yet have never been near to one. I've been trying to find a jacket to wear to the graduation ball with a dress I already have and within 5 minutes in H&M found one I loved! Man, I could have shopped in that place for hours if it wasn't for the 50,000 other shoppers in there! Made my purchase then Tom and I sat outside and had Italian Ice and people watched for awhile in an area called Central Park. Great complex!
We headed back to the hotel to rest up and make some decisions about the evening. We had talked about hitting an 8 PM Atlanta Braves game but Tom found a comedy club that started at 7 so we opted for the earlier entertainment. It was in The Laughing Skull Comedy Lounge which was in the back of this restaurant. Not sure why comedy clubs are always tucked back in some very small square footage as an afterthought but that seems to be the trend. We saw Morgan Murphy who was very funny but like most comedians was a little coarse sometimes. The warm up guys weren't funny at all so that was a little disappointing. We walked the neighborhood afterwards and stopped at one restaurant but left without ordering because nothing really spoke to me. We were tired so just grabbed a quick bite at Five Guys and yes, if you know Tom and his "we don't eat at chains while on vacation" vow you would know this is a big deal.
Headed back to the Underground which was frankly a little run down looking with some shops and such. Several places for band to play so it's probably a little more happening at night.
We did stop and listen what looked to be a family band that was playing jazz. They had a tip jar out and were selling their cd's for $5. Seemed like a good investment.
Next on the list was the High Museum of Art. I must say Tom was being a very good sport as this probably wouldn't be on his list of "must do" while in the city. Again, not a big fan of the modern stuff but I do love the European and early American art.
| Love just about anything with Mary and the Christ Child |
| How to best frame a photograph |
And yeah, it does appear that there might be a theme in my "likes'.....
| Sigh....stained glass |
| Loved these colors and yes, this should be in the Swan House we saw yesterday |
This solid black building was right outside the museum and looked like something from a Batman movie. Cool!
We headed to Atlantic Station to see what it was and what it was was a great shopping area with awesome stores including H&M where I've ALWAYS wanted to go yet have never been near to one. I've been trying to find a jacket to wear to the graduation ball with a dress I already have and within 5 minutes in H&M found one I loved! Man, I could have shopped in that place for hours if it wasn't for the 50,000 other shoppers in there! Made my purchase then Tom and I sat outside and had Italian Ice and people watched for awhile in an area called Central Park. Great complex!
We headed back to the hotel to rest up and make some decisions about the evening. We had talked about hitting an 8 PM Atlanta Braves game but Tom found a comedy club that started at 7 so we opted for the earlier entertainment. It was in The Laughing Skull Comedy Lounge which was in the back of this restaurant. Not sure why comedy clubs are always tucked back in some very small square footage as an afterthought but that seems to be the trend. We saw Morgan Murphy who was very funny but like most comedians was a little coarse sometimes. The warm up guys weren't funny at all so that was a little disappointing. We walked the neighborhood afterwards and stopped at one restaurant but left without ordering because nothing really spoke to me. We were tired so just grabbed a quick bite at Five Guys and yes, if you know Tom and his "we don't eat at chains while on vacation" vow you would know this is a big deal.
2 comments:
I love all of these adventures you are having.
Yes I am also loving to see the world through your camera!
Post a Comment