Sunday, August 19, 2012

National Harbor

 The last Sunday we were in Alabama, the pastor there introduced us to his visiting brother in law who attends this church in DC.  It's also on Barracks Row and meets in an old theatre.  Hence, their web name theatrechurch.com.  We attended there Sunday morning then had to go try another restaurant across the street that had been packed the day before. We just beat the crowds at Belga which is a Belgian cafe.  When I say Belgian....like the people have French accents just as the Latin American place yesterday actually had Cubans working there.  Anyway, how gorgeous are these plates?  Again we shared.....

Pesto scrambled eggs
 After we got home our friend Denise called and said she and her daughter Erica were headed to the National Harbor if we wanted to go.  Tom decided to stay home, get a haircut and catch up on some work so I headed out.  First of all, I thought she meant the Washington Harbor area which is right next to our new place, while Tom thought she meant Baltimore Harbor which is in...well, Baltimore.  Turns out National Harbor is actually an entirely different place.  So I drove 30 minutes to her house where we then drove another 30 minutes to get to the Harbor.  This story will make sense later.
I took this for the Campbell's who like "this" on everything!

The Peep Store.  All things Peep.

Denise and Erica



Cupcakes from Cakelove.  Disappointing.  Left over from the day before I think.



No idea what this guy is doing.....

                                      Cool art piece made from shells, rocks, stones and jewels.....
We looked at a lot of girly stores.  It was great and I was so glad that Tom stayed home.  He would have been miserable!
WORKOUT!
 So, we drive back to her house, I drop them off and head home.....I believe a different way than I came but I can't be sure.  All I know, is 20 minutes into the drive I find myself crossing the bridge that leads back to the harbor we just came from!  My GPS tells me to keep going and 7 minutes later I find myself home!  HOME!  Yeah, so instead of just driving down the street and meeting them there....having no idea where it was I drove all the way over to Virginia then BACK into Maryland.  Ridiculous.

No comments: