Tom had the following day off to go do some more house hunting. Had some serious prayer the night before to lead us where was best for us. I had set up an appointment to go see a place that was right in the area that really was our first choice. Couldn't figure out why we hadn't come here initially. I'm not sure exactly, but when we walked in, it looked very familiar to me and I'm thinking we had stopped there once before when the leasing office was closed. Someone had let us in the lobby however and we had walked down to an area with a business center, a big tv and a coffee bar because I know I had been in that space before. However, when Sam (our leasing agent) took us on a tour, nothing else looked familiar. We couldn't look at a vacant model so we had to look at two that were being lived in. And though it was only a 2 bedroom, still, we knew right away we wanted it. Waterside Towers. It fell into our new, and higher than I ever thought I would pay for rent, price range, but all utilities were included and the other big sellers.....walking distance for Tom to work, 1/2 block to Metro, next door to the Arena Stage, walkable market, library, safe neighborhood, across the street from the marina AND on site fitness center with an indoor pool that opens at 5 AM. Some other people had a 24 hour hold on it (I felt bad but Sam said she was sure they wouldn't pass the credit check) so we put a deposit down, signed the papers and went for a walk around the area while she did all the paper work. Had lunch at Cantina Marina which is right on the water. Got back, everything was good and we FINALLY have a place to live come Sept. 6th!
Other good news .....when we let the base know we couldn't get into our new place until the 6th, they let us move out of the hotel and into the brand new TLF on base which is a nice apartment! Right across the street from the BX and commissary. Yippee!
No more cheese and crackers for dinner! Now we can have REAL food!
Other good news .....when we let the base know we couldn't get into our new place until the 6th, they let us move out of the hotel and into the brand new TLF on base which is a nice apartment! Right across the street from the BX and commissary. Yippee!
No more cheese and crackers for dinner! Now we can have REAL food!
| 2 bedrooms! |
No comments:
Post a Comment