Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lunch with Lauren



So while Tom has been at work I've been working here at the apartment on continuing ed classes for my real estate license in Utah.  I need to keep it current so I can still do referrals back there. When I was in UT I was on the education committee for the board of realtors so I didn't only get to help pick the classes we would offer but I would get to sit in on them for nothing as a monitor and still get credit hours.  That was awesome!  So this whole online thing is a little time consuming and not nearly as interesting because you don't get the classroom feedback. I'm also looking into maybe doing real estate here but that's next week.  And yes, I know that's hilarious given my last post.
 My cute friend Lauren (who was in my book club in Alabama) also moved here with her husband Jeremy who is stationed at Fort Belvoir.  They found a place in Mount Vernon and she's expecting their first baby in the next couple of weeks.  It's been a real struggle to hang onto the little one so we're praying she won't deliver (we don't know if it's a he or a she) for at least a week.  Anyway, she called about meeting for lunch and recommended this great place.  It even had...wait for it...FREE parking in the back.  Now this is a thing that is a great commodity here.  It's hard to find parking at all, let alone FREE parking.  I was a little early so stepped inside a cute little clothing boutique next door to the restaurant while I waited for her.  The clerk immediately told me about the 50% sale on all their summer things.  I went to look because they had darling dresses and at half off I could have purchased them for the awesome price of $335!!!  Yep, nothing I looked at was less that $145.  Hence, I may be making my clothes last a very long time here.  So Lauren and I had a lovely visit and I just had to share my beautiful salad!  That's just your basic Boston Bibb Lettuce salad and I tell you I didn't want to mess it up it was so gorgeous.  Yummy too!

No comments: