Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another weekend

We decided to go walk around our new neighborhood Friday night so hopped on the Metro and headed over there.  I'd read that there was a local church who hosted live Jazz every Friday night from 6-9 so we went over to check it out. (They have Blues night on Mondays as well) $5 to get in and it was already packed!  An interesting mix of people and the music was great.  Was especially good once a female vocalist joined them and the pianist was awesome.  A little Jazz goes a long way with me however, and once I tired of people watching I was ready to head out.  It happened to coincide with intermission so it was all good.


 Down in the basement they have the performance televised on the wall and they serve what looked like really good soul food!  Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, deep fried whiting, collard greens, red velvet cake, the list went on and on.  We'll definitely come back when we're not cleansing (see below)!
 Then we walked across the street to where our new apartment will be.  We think it's the second corner balcony from the top but we're not positive.  Then we just wandered......



I had just been testing on some real estate issues having to do with HUD and here was the building.  I think I deserve extra credit!  
  Slept in Saturday then headed to the gym for a good workout.
We've been doing a detoxing cleanse diet all week which has consisted of all clean food.  Morning smoothies, small snacks, lots of water, main solid meal at lunch, a blended soup for dinner, then 12 hours between dinner and breakfast. It really hasn't been bad and all the recipes are from my Healthy Body Healthy Life group I met in Alabama.  Very good recipes actually and discovered a few wonderful new things like brown rice pasta!  Love that! I like whole wheat pasta as well but the texture of the rice pasta is more like regular.
We did a little shopping then came home, crashed and watched some movies.


 After church on Sunday we took a little walk through the Eastern Market, grabbed a bite then headed back to our soon to be neighborhood.  I was meeting up with an actress friend from Salt Lake who just got here to get her Masters degree at American University and Tom was going into the office for a bit.  After Shannon and I caught up (we live 7 Metro stops away from each other on the Green Line) I walked down the street to his office (boy, is THAT nice) and caught up on some phone calls while he finished up.  All and all, a relaxing weekend with crazy weather!  Rainy, then hot and humid, then overcast and cooler, then humid....by the time we got home late this afternoon....downpour!


2 comments:

whitey said...

Love the old church, is that the one you are going to?

Teri said...

No, we just found it somewhere in the city while wandering. Would like to go back and spend some time in the inside.