Sunday, June 1, 2014

Vegan May Wrap Up

So our vegan month has been easier than expected.  Really loved the food most the time and it was fun finding and trying new recipes.  Again, I found pure food the best (for me) as opposed to the faux  foods though those were really okay.  I am still disappointed I haven't seen a bigger weight loss though I feel better, lighter, and more energetic.  I have to remind myself that slow and steady is best.  We're just getting ready to head out on a looooong vacation....most of June, so it's going to be hard to maintain our good eating habits thought we're going to try.  And we'll definitely go back to it when we're back to real life!
                               Sweet potato fries (baked) that we had with veggie burgers.
                               Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade sauce and faux meatballs
 My staple.  Beans, rice, peppers and onions over fresh greens.  Topped with avocado & lime juice.

                   Homemade chili over baked potato with tofu sour cream (good!) and salad.

No comments: