So Taylor decided he'd had enough of NYC and that Utah was calling his name. Hence a cross country trip and bonding opportunity for father and son. Picked up the trailer after I retrieved Tom from his "homeless challenge" and loaded it up with stuff we were taking back home. He left the next morning to pick up Taylor and pack his stuff. First night stay in NJ to get even more things there that we'd had stored in Marie's basement. Things from Eleanor's house.
That poor car has nearly 250,000 miles on it so between driving across the country and pulling a fully loaded trailer she barely made it. Many over-heatings, stops for cool downs, one run out of gas episode in the middle of nowhere and staying at tiny dump motels, I'm sure it was an awesome adventure. But they made it safe and sound while I was home having an adventure of my own.
That poor car has nearly 250,000 miles on it so between driving across the country and pulling a fully loaded trailer she barely made it. Many over-heatings, stops for cool downs, one run out of gas episode in the middle of nowhere and staying at tiny dump motels, I'm sure it was an awesome adventure. But they made it safe and sound while I was home having an adventure of my own.


No comments:
Post a Comment