Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thurs AM Small Group

Thursday was our last meeting of our small group while we break for the summer.  Our church offers tons of small groups each semester and I just happened to see this one online. The description struck me as it was just women, in the morning and it seemed like there might be some people my own age for once!  I didn't know anyone and when I arrived the first day I met Karen (who I also didn't know) and her neighbors in Alexandria, but it turned out to be one of the most rewarding things I did for myself this year!  Karen has also been my vegan mentor as she and her husband have been eating a plant based diet for 3 years now!

We started with about nine women but it would fluctuate each week.  It would include a lovely light breakfast and an Andy Stanley  ( a preacher from Atlanta) video series and then a conversation about it.  Nothing like a group of godly women to enrich my life!  Looking forward to starting up again in the fall!
                                                        Karen's friendly dogs.
Sally, Debbie and Karen



No comments: