Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wandering While The Trailer Hitch Is Put On......

So it turned out our trailer hitch needed to be replaced but thankfully the warranty covered it. However,  it left me a couple of hours in a part of the city I wasn't familiar with so I went exploring.  Spent a good amount of time in this cemetery.....


 As I get older I start to think about my final resting place and what I want that to look like.  I've come to know I don't want a picture of myself on my headstone.  Especially in my 1970's cocktail gown.


 Kind of like this little seating arrangement.  I think I like this better than your standard bench.

The worn face on this one was kind of creepy while these below seemed a bit over the top.
 Though their little windows with stained glass were pretty.  But as stained glass is meant to be really enjoyed from the inside, it sort of seemed like a waste.

 I do love little angels.....
 As this was a Catholic Cemetery I thought it odd that Helen was pretty open about her job as a palm reader.....

 Across the street from the cemetery was the National Arboretum but due to budget cuts is only open 4 days a week.  This day wasn't one of them so my photos from outside the fence will have to do.  Putting it on my list of places to go visit!

No comments: