
Too bad he can't be taking photos when the POTUS is around! While he was doing that I stayed home and watched the concert from the night before on PBS. Very emotional and well done. Then I had a nice chat with mom and dad as we plan their trip to come out here next month!
I metro'd into town to get us a place to watch the Memorial Day parade. I got off at the Navy Memorial stop and they were preparing for some service there as well.
These flowers lined the corner....
![]() |
| Cute Rosie the Riveters! |
The parade was mostly bands from different states or representing different branches of the military.
I ended up sitting in the sun for 90 minutes before Tom got there and after about an hour of the parade we decided to walk up along the parade route rather than sitting in the hot sun.
We ended up walking to Fort McNair where the car was parked (about 2 miles) so between the sun, crowds and long day we were were beat! Veggie burgers and sweet potato fries then into bed by 8:30. This morning we're both sporting sunburns. Forgot our sunscreen!





No comments:
Post a Comment