So it's highly probable (certain, really) that I've already posted photos of this heavenly building but I don't care. It's my blog and I could stare at this place forever and will re-photograph it every time I go there. I mean, really. How stinkin' stunning is this place?!!!

It was cool to revisit Mr. Jefferson's library after going to Monticello. Amazing.
So the capitol is covered in scaffolding until 2016 while they give her a facelift. Not so pretty.
I had originally scheduled a tour through Senator Hatch's office for a Monday when I wouldn't have the baby, but then I remembered Jen Deci (Staffer to AL senator) saying to call her anytime for a tour so I did just that. She met Nic and I, along with our little buddy on a Friday afternoon for a super private tour.
Little underground shuttle that took us from Senate offices to capitol. Very cool indeed.
Still mesmerized by the gorgeous painting in this building.
She took us up to the balcony and they just happened to be unloading the Capitol Christmas tree out front.
Most amazing view. Except when there's a crane in the middle of it.
The plastic on this ceiling is related to the work on the dome.







No comments:
Post a Comment