We had some options for Jeff & Karen's last day in Alabama which included a 3 hour drive to Talladega for a raceway tour then a 2 hour drive to Birmingham, or to spend the day in Birmingham seeing a list of places I had accumulated, but when it came right down to it, I think I had run them ragged (yeah, I really didn't document EVERYTHING we did so you've seen just most of the big stuff...not all the side trips) they opted to have a relaxing morning in Prattville before the 75 minute drive to Birmingham and the long flight home. They had even taken to calling me DiAnne (my mom) as no one can fit quite as much sight-seeing into a day as she can. So yes, I have learned from the master how to squeeze every last second out of a vacation but really, how many times will they visit Alabama in their lifetime? So other than a few little architectural gems as we cruised downtown Birmingham I got nothin' for you in the way of photos. But we had an awesome few days with family and yes, this kind of fun awaits you too if you come to visit... but time is running out! We're only scheduled to be here until mid-June!
No comments:
Post a Comment