This 5K was held at the Alabama Nature Center in Millbrook which is right down the street from us. We had signed up before Tom's surgery and since his doc had restricted him from any exercise for at least a month, I ran on my own.
Yes, I do feel compelled to have my photo taken with any mascot who might be in attendance. Let me just say that Chick-Fil-A is a southern company and their restaurants are all over the place. They have the NICEST and most respectful employees. Lots of "yes ma'am" and "have a blessed day" when you go there. We have one within walking distance of our place which may or may not be a blessing.
The course actually ran through the nature center which was gravel, trails, boardwalks and bridges. I wish I'd had the camera with me to get shots of the gorgeous sights but then my time would have been even worse than it was. Did I mention the hills? Yikes. It was killer. Need to improve my times!

No comments:
Post a Comment