Thursday, March 29, 2012

Centerpoint Half Marathon

 Tom ran the half marathon and I ran the 5K for Centerpoint Church.
 It's a fundraiser for their missions.  Our friend Erin was running
as well and she and Tom ran most the half marathon
together.  He finished a bit ahead of her at 2:00:09 and my time was
39:03.  I'm not getting any faster which could be remedied
if I could actually run the full 3.2 miles without having to walk part of it.
 This is Tom's boot camp class that he's been working out with for a few months.  He's stopped because he's training for a half marathon that's coming up in May that requires different workouts.  SO, I'm going to go try the boot camp through April (we start Monday) which means a one hour workout from 5-6 AM on M/W/F mornings.  I lost my personal trainer on base so hoping this will help with strength training and up my overall fitness so I can actually run the full 5K.
Erin & Tom....the awesome half marathoners and Teri, the semi-awesome 5K-er.




No comments: