Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Doings

 So it's Spring break but what we were hoping would turn into a 3 day getaway has turned into a stay here while Tom gets caught up on work, a major paper and updating his resume.  And I would be serving as his assistant, editor and food maker.  Hoping I get an assistant Master's degree out of it.

He is training for a half triathlon however which included a 58 mile bike ride this morning.  So I settled in to listen to conference and do a little crafting.  A while back a friend posted on Facebook about offering to make something hand made for anyone who commented on her post.  In return you had to re-post and hand make something for those who commented on yours.  I had 4 friends join in and here are three of the four projects I will be sending off.  The fourth was a cross-stitch project I already sent.  These are just
decopauged canvases I put together with paint, antique stamps, specialty paper and anything else I've collected that worked with each of the themes.  They were fun!


Then I'm posting this just because it's gorgeous, it makes me happy, and if we WERE on vacation....this is where I'd like to be.    Photograph by Daniel Montero.

No comments: