Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Intramurals


So when we first arrived at Maxwell there were all sorts of things to sign up for. One of them was intramurals. All different types of sports but we of course chose.....bowling. We bowl on Tuesday nights but there are enough people on our team that with the rotation we rarely bowl more than a couple of times a month. That works perfectly with Tom's studying.
Tom and I are always playing at the same time but we never know who the other two players on our team will be. We've played with our friend Jan (she's run 5 K's with us) a few times and we had another classmate of Tom's last night. We've played against faculty teams and other student teams. One week there was no other team so between the two lanes we buzzed through 3 games very quickly and headed home. Some bowlers are very serious and others (most) are there like us, just to have a good time and enjoy the greasy food from the awesome snack bar. They have killer sweet potato fries!
You can see that the base bowling alley has all the lovely decor you could want with the full wall mural, the colored ball background and the disco ball hanging above.
Honestly, I don't even know how we've done over the weeks that we've competed. I DO know that we lost by 6 pins last night after I (as the last player on our team to bowl) didn't pick up a spare. Bummer. I did start that game with 3 strikes however. Tom had a few as well. We're awesome.

No comments: