So for most auditions anymore for voice-overs or film work they want to see or hear you reading the script before they even call you in. Used to be my agent could just send them a copy of my VO mp3 or a copy of my reel (on camera work) and that was good. But now they want to see or hear me doing THEIR script. Which frankly is fine because I'm more than happy to not drive 1 or more hours to wait in a lobby then go in and do a 5 minute read before turning around and driving 1 or more hours back home. In DC traffic.
Problem is, I was so frustrated by my recording equipment and the poor sound at the last apartment that I took the major parts of it home to Utah on the last trip. So here's me recording a commercial voice-over audition into my phone and into an APP that will convert it to an mp3 that my agent can then send on to the client. Actually I had a towel over my head and the computer so I could read the script on the screen but block the sound and dead air echo. Thus making it too dark to snap a photo.
Then, here's me with a script taped to the computer screen while I try and make a scene written for two people sound normal with me converting the lines for one actor because I thought it would be weirder to have Tom read the teenage girl role. Had to use Photobooth on our Mac but thank goodness for such a thing as our video camera is dead and thank goodness emailing the video is an option as well.
But most of the time this is how I looked as I did the research online then tried to figure out how to use all of the above programs. Ahhhh, technology. AND the glamorous life of an actor.



No comments:
Post a Comment