Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Backtracking


In the week before I left for Utah, my friend Dalliss and I met at the Old Post Office Bldg. for lunch then had a leisurely walk through the city.

We spent an hour or so wandering through the botanical gardens......


Then we headed to the Library of Congress (which was closed for a private party) so we went next door to the Supreme Court.

They are currently working on the front of the building so it has a faux finish for the time being.



Beautiful spiral staircases and ceilings.....and an interesting tour of the court room (where we can't take photos).  I'd love to go back some morning and wait in line to actually see a session of court.

 That Saturday we had our final workout as a group with our triathlon friends.  We ran a 5K starting at Eastern Market Metro and headed down past the capitol, down the mall and then back up.  I, of course brought up the rear but I finished.  Hoping someday that running will be "my thing" but for now...still a struggle.  Most of us walked over to the Eastern Market for breakfast.  They were all going to VA to do their TRI while Tom and I were in Utah.  I'm going to miss meeting up with them every Sat. morning.


 Tom and I rode our bikes home through the mall where they were holding the National Book Festival.  Lots of people and famous authors.  They had a tent for every genre of book.  The tent with Linda Ronstadt was packed.  The tent with Margaret Atwood was packed as was every other tent.  Except the poetry tent.  Hmmmm.


No comments: