The past few days have been spent making piles. Base thrift store, things to be packed by movers, things to take in the car with us and stuff that we rented that came with the apartment. Not so much fun.
Tom went to do a briefing for the new civilians coming to ACSC in August so I hung at the pool for awhile. He joined me for an hour or so then we decided on a little hike in our backyard. This greenery literally appeared over a week's period. So much rain lately and now it's hot and humid!
We were told there was a swimming pond back in the woods and we've run into people coming out of there before but had never seen it. Found it on this hike! Didn't look like anything I'd want to swim in!
Tom had to go to Alameda, CA for a Coast Guard Reserve Change of Watch but he wanted to take something for the office. We found a pecan place along the way and stopped for some goodies. Hopefully they liked them! Then I took him to the Montgomery Regional Airport which is small but nice. Guests can even walk into the small eating area because they don't go through security until they get to their gate. Nice!
I had to head back to the base for a moving briefing and to go over all our paper work. Finished that, then back to packing before getting picked up by the book club gals to have dinner at Lek's Taste of Thailand. That's about our third "last" meeting. They're planning something else for tonight as well but I think I'm partied out!
Tom went to do a briefing for the new civilians coming to ACSC in August so I hung at the pool for awhile. He joined me for an hour or so then we decided on a little hike in our backyard. This greenery literally appeared over a week's period. So much rain lately and now it's hot and humid!
We were told there was a swimming pond back in the woods and we've run into people coming out of there before but had never seen it. Found it on this hike! Didn't look like anything I'd want to swim in!
No comments:
Post a Comment