Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Adventure Continues.......




It's official!  We thought the orders would never get here but Tom's new position will be in Washington DC at Fort McNair.  He'll be a Public Affairs Specialist for the Joint Forces in the National Capitol Region.  We don't know what that means exactly but we do know he'll be responsible for ceremonies; most specifically the 2013 inauguration.

We love the DC area and have spent quite a bit of time there.  Tom was deployed there for 18 months right after 9/11 and lived in Old Town Alexandria.  We're going to just rent something hopefully close to town so we can take advantage of the city and have him close to work.  He'd like to be able cycle or just hop on the Green Line.  Taking a house hunting trip the first week of July to see what we can find as well as squeezing in a trip to see Tom's family in NJ.  As much as I miss being around my family in Utah, we've never in 32 years lived near Tom's family so it will be nice to be able to take a weekend to visit his mom more often.

Plus, now maybe I can see some of those cute Eastern cousins I only see via their blogs in person!  And we have friends in the area as well as many new ACSC friends who are going there as well.  Normally this kind of move would totally take me out of my comfort zone (maybe a tad of a control freak) but I've learned to just leave it to God to take us to where we need to be.  What that means in terms of our kids and my work remains to be seen but I've learned that trusting Him is in everyone's best interest.




No comments: