Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

There are crosses everywhere here and through the season of lent, many have been draped with purple cloth up until Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday, marking the day of the Last Supper. On Good Friday, the day of the crucifixion it is draped in black. 
 This particular cross is up on a hill by our apartment and though we walk by it frequently we had never actually been up on the hill.  We rode up to take a look and it offered a gorgeous view of the area.
Montgomery off in the distance

The Robert Trent Golf Course.  That's where I run.


The Spring wildflowers
 Since it's just Tom and I we decided to do something different and got up to go to a 6 AM sunrise service offered by Centerpoint Church on that same hill.  It was a little brisk, but we took our lawn chairs and a blanket and just took in the morning.  Some lovely music with simple guitar and a sermon on the resurrection.  This church is very much about evangelism and reaching out to the unchurched so the hope is at Easter you might say something that speaks to that person who has left church or has never been involved in a church but just happens to have attended on this particular day.

John 11:25

King James Version (KJV)
 25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:


 I love Biblegateway.com where you can look up specific Bible scriptures, or just put in a word or story and the scriptures will come up.  I also love that you can look at different translations of the Bible and choose the drop down you want.  I have found that reading several different versions of the same scripture sometimes opens my eyes to something I've not heard before.
The morning sunrise was gorgeous
 Finally on Sunday, the cross is draped with white.....Hallelujah!  Christ is Risen!  I hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

No comments: