Tom changed what is the equivalent of "home rooms" at the first of the year so he has a whole new class of people I don't know. The first class got together a few times as did the wives so we got to know them. This class had a St. Patrick's Day party but we couldn't go so I've never met any of the wives except Jessica who sometimes teaches our yoga class. Yvonne, arranged for a few of us to get together last week at Blount Cultural Park for a picnic which was a wonderful idea!
Mary's little girls spent some time feeding the wildlife but one of her little one's wasn't feeling so good so after we watched the ducks and turtles in the water, they headed home.
Karen, another wife, was pointing out the different types of turtles (including snapping) and it turns out she has a master's degree in biology and has worked as a park ranger and at a zoo. Hence, all the turtle knowledge!
Yes, the park is this gorgeous and houses the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and the Museum of Fine Arts. Every time I go there I wish I could paint because there are so many beautiful views. There are trails for walking or biking and plenty of trees for just plopping under to daydream.
Mary's little girls spent some time feeding the wildlife but one of her little one's wasn't feeling so good so after we watched the ducks and turtles in the water, they headed home.
Karen, another wife, was pointing out the different types of turtles (including snapping) and it turns out she has a master's degree in biology and has worked as a park ranger and at a zoo. Hence, all the turtle knowledge!
Yes, the park is this gorgeous and houses the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and the Museum of Fine Arts. Every time I go there I wish I could paint because there are so many beautiful views. There are trails for walking or biking and plenty of trees for just plopping under to daydream.
After Mary and the girls left, Yvonne and Karen & I brought out our own little picnics and visited for about an hour at one of the picnic tables. It was nice to get to know at least a few of the spouses and I'm hoping to meet some others at a BBQ next weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment