Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tri Training

So we've started our Ready Set Tri 2014 training!  They did the first week while I was still in Utah so I was able to plug in for a bike ride my first week back.  We have lots of new people and are still meeting at Haines Point for training.
 Tom is the official historical photographer so we have a million photos and he's set up a Facebook page as well.  The first week there was an awful crash that didn't include anyone from our group but a cyclist hit a lady who was walking.  Someone from our group was a nurse and she and a few others stayed with those who were hurt until the ambulance came.  Pretty awful but it looked like everyone would be okay.



 Kristen giving instruction....
                                                               Ben showing off.....
Tom being speedy and me being slow and steady as usual....


One day after we finished training we cycled into town and ended up going into Georgetown then back through DC and decided to pedal on to the Anacostia Metro.  I was still feeling this way then.

But then after Tom kept suggesting we go a bit further, and a bit further and up some hills though I couldn't get my gears to cooperate, and further until finally I made a grumpy scene and insisted we take the metro the rest of the way home.  30 miles under our belts and I was POOPED!

No comments: