Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tri Swim and Brunch

So we'd been trying to get our complex to let us have the pool opened a couple of hours early on a Saturday morning for our group to have a training session.  The places we met last year haven't been available and there are several in the group who have very little swim experience.  Even though we offered to pay the lifeguard to come early and he was willing, the complex said no.  Grrrr.

So we offered the group the chance to come at 11 am when the pool opened and we'd just take our chance that no one else would be there because there rarely is anyone else there.  We also said we'd feed them after.

It all worked out fine in the end.  Ben and Jenny did some pre-swim training while we waited for the pool to open then Kristen brought her friend who had coached at Georgetown.  Tom took photos and I (along with Linda, who was still visiting) got the brunch ready and we would just do our swim after.



 It was funny because every time one of the leasing agents came through to show the facilities they were stunned to see so many people in the pool.  Like I said, Tom and I most times feel like it just belongs to us!



 Everyone was starving when they got out so I was glad we had enough food.  Fruit, bagels, french toast casserole, greek yogurt, energy bars, trail mix, juice, and coffee.  It was fun though and provided some time for good fellowship as well as training.


We were also having two couples over for brunch the next day after church so I just doubled up on everything to save myself more work.  Unfortunately I didn't get photos the next day!  Grrrrrr.

No comments: