So I now have an agent in DC to represent me for film and theatrical work. Capital Talent Agency is located right here in the city but can represent me from NYC to CA. Frankly, I don't know that I'm that interested in running to New York for auditions, but there's not that much that shoots right here in the city because the bureaucracy of making that happen is such a nightmare. There is a lot of live theatre here though and film work in both Maryland and Virginia. Hence, my road trip. So my agent called to see if I'd go in to audition for House of Cards (a Netflix series) in Baltimore, MD. The show stars Kevin Spacey and takes place all around DC but they've actually built the sets inside a warehouse in Baltimore. So, I drove the hour trip into MD to make a 10 AM audition there. But my agent had also arranged for me to go in for a Ridley Scott film he's doing for National Geographic that was taking place in Charlottesville, VA at 3 PM. He did say they were in opposite directions but after I agreed to go and starting mapquesting it, I realized it was a 3 hour drive from Baltimore! Oh well! I need to meet the casting directors around here if I ever want to work so I got an audio book to keep me company (Anne Lamott's Imperfect Birds.....I prefer her non-fiction just for the record) and started my day trip. Both auditions went well and both casting directors were incredibly nice, complimentary and welcoming. I really wanted to stop and take more photos of the gorgeous rolling hills of VA but there wasn't room to pull over. Passed alot of old barns, some wineries, a Plow and Hearth outlet which I would have loved to have stopped for but I really don't have space for more stuff, and some lovely old churches. But mostly, it was just peaceful scenery and made for a gorgeous drive.
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Solitary Road Trip
So I now have an agent in DC to represent me for film and theatrical work. Capital Talent Agency is located right here in the city but can represent me from NYC to CA. Frankly, I don't know that I'm that interested in running to New York for auditions, but there's not that much that shoots right here in the city because the bureaucracy of making that happen is such a nightmare. There is a lot of live theatre here though and film work in both Maryland and Virginia. Hence, my road trip. So my agent called to see if I'd go in to audition for House of Cards (a Netflix series) in Baltimore, MD. The show stars Kevin Spacey and takes place all around DC but they've actually built the sets inside a warehouse in Baltimore. So, I drove the hour trip into MD to make a 10 AM audition there. But my agent had also arranged for me to go in for a Ridley Scott film he's doing for National Geographic that was taking place in Charlottesville, VA at 3 PM. He did say they were in opposite directions but after I agreed to go and starting mapquesting it, I realized it was a 3 hour drive from Baltimore! Oh well! I need to meet the casting directors around here if I ever want to work so I got an audio book to keep me company (Anne Lamott's Imperfect Birds.....I prefer her non-fiction just for the record) and started my day trip. Both auditions went well and both casting directors were incredibly nice, complimentary and welcoming. I really wanted to stop and take more photos of the gorgeous rolling hills of VA but there wasn't room to pull over. Passed alot of old barns, some wineries, a Plow and Hearth outlet which I would have loved to have stopped for but I really don't have space for more stuff, and some lovely old churches. But mostly, it was just peaceful scenery and made for a gorgeous drive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment