Saturday, April 20, 2013

Things I Love in DC

I know I sometimes complain about living in a big city.  But there are definite benefits.  I happen upon cool things all the time.  This boxcar village set up across the street from the National's Ball Park.  Before and after games its bustling with food, drink, live music and people.  But on a morning run it is just quiet.




  This bird who screamed "Hello!" when I walked up to a neighborhood nursery.  I thought it was a fake at first, one of those movement activated things, but no he was very real indeed and apparently shy about having his photo taken.



That an early evening walk from our apartment can look like this.......





 That you step out of the Metro on Dupont Circle and find free swing lessons and big band music!


That Taylor has a second job at this upscale, all organic and local food market.

 That a walk around the neighborhood of said market has architecture and landscaping like this.....



No comments: