Monday, April 15, 2013

The Cherry Blossoms

So, it's almost 4 AM and I'm clearly not sleeping so thought I'd just share some photos of the illustrious cherry blossoms in our nation's capital.
They get a lot of hype and given the wacky weather of late I started to wonder if they'd appear at all, but after a very warm (85 degrees) day they suddenly sprouted and did not disappoint.


 I've been walking Tom to work then going for a run, but on this particular day I ran around the base at Ft. McNair and ended up stopping and shooting more than I ran!




 A couple of days later and the night before The Cherry Blossom Parade we took a walk before dinner to The Jefferson Memorial and along with hundreds of our closest friends, took in the blossoms there as well.






1 comment:

Kate said...

The blossoms are stunning, Teri! I think I'd walk past them ten times a day while they were in bloom, just to soak that beauty in. They must not last nearly long enough.