
When Taylor was small we brought him to this museum. He had a 'thing' for dinosaurs back in the day. I mean he was crazy about them and could do a velociraptor impersonation at three years of age like no other!
Last time we were here Taylor got tired and bored pretty quickly so at 19, to have him actually read and look at all the exhibits was a great way to spend a few hours on a cold DC day.
 |
Check out all the color around Utah! Yep...we had dinosaurs. |
 |
| I could sit and stare at this for hours. |
 |
| This was the seating for a short film on chimps. Hee hee. |
 |
| Photo of The Hope Diamond just doesn't do it justice. I'm not a big jewelry gal, but this is pretty gorgeous! |

So there was a "make yourself a neanderthal" computer program. Line up your eyes and mouth with the design on the screen and click the button. I posted this as my profile pix on Facebook for a few hours but took it down because it was creeping people out. Can't see why!
 |
| Small South American orchid exhibit. Gorgeous on a cold day. |
Taylor wanted to walk down to the Washington Memorial before heading back so he could get some photos to send to friends. I'm still trying to learn how to download photos from phone to computer so I'm still using my old fashioned camera!
I'm so glad that Taylor is here with us. He's been looking for jobs and had his first interview a couple of days ago and is supposed to hear by Monday. He also has a friend who got here about a week before Taylor did and is working as an intern at the Capitol. They are both music lovers so have been to several shows at a popular DC venue called
The Black Cat on U Street. He misses all his friends but I think the city is growing on him.....
2 comments:
Taylor looks like he is standing perfectly straight,does the monument lean a little?
Ha ha!
Good question. It WAS damaged during the hurricane!
Post a Comment