Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Girly Party

 Sunday after church the teachers were taken into a room that was covered in cookies, thank you notes and pictures of all the little kidlets in our classes.  We were given a box to fill with yummy goodies and by the time we got out of there the box was overflowing.  I tried sharing mine on the way home and finally an older woman sitting by in the Metro took me up on my offer.  She then said, "Since you shared your smile and gave me a cookie I'm going to give you something to laugh about.."  She then proceeded to tell a very off color joke complete with hand gestures.  Um.  Really?  I was very uncomfortable.  Very odd indeed.
 My Tuesday night small group met at one of the leader's apartments for a Christmas potluck.  These are all the wonderful young women I get to meet with weekly to talk about the sermon, share prayer requests and have great fellowship with.
Lauren, Mallory and Kristen

Chelle, Sharon and Elizabeth

Me and Ellen

Erika- our co-leader and hostess
Tons of great food and wonderful company.  Most of the girls were heading home for Christmas the next morning.  Kind of fun to see how excited they were to go see their families.


No comments: