My friend Dalliss had an extra ticket to the
International Justice Mission benefit so invited me along. First of all, it was the first time I wore my boots with heels so by the time I did my Metro switches and walked the several blocks to the JW Marriott hotel I was about ready to scream. I have a new testimony of flat shoes! I wasn't familiar with the IJM but they're a human rights organization who fight human trafficking around the world. Inspirational speakers and
Isaac Slade (he's a big supporter of IJM) entertaining on top of a delicious meal and great company ( a table of people from Vienna Presbyterian Church) made for an enjoyable evening.
Christmas means cooking and even though at this point I'm not doing any entertaining and only going to one party I still feel compelled to put on the holiday music and make my stand by goodies. I brought my two aprons from 1991 that Jessica and Nicholas made for me. I don't remember if it was school or church but they have their hand prints and handwritten notes on them. I just love these!
 |
| There's not room on our little tree for the ornaments so I used them this way! |
 |
I found some cute little containers at Dollar Tree so maybe I'll just start giving goodies away!
|
Our friends Kirt and Jerry just adopted a baby in North Carolina. Oscar was born Nov. 20th and I finally got to meet him via Skype. He's absolutely darling. It was very difficult for the birth mother and father to give him up but they're not together and both know they're not in a position to raise a child. My friends are a gay couple from Utah who had to go to NYC to get married then have been in North Carolina since the beginning of Nov. waiting for the birth of the baby. They have been supporting this young couple emotionally and financially through this pregnancy and will continue to do so through Jan. They still have to wait until Dec. 31st because there is only one judge in NC who is an advocate for gay couples adopting. I know this is a delicate subject but these guys have wanted a child and have been together as a couple for many years. They'll love this baby like no one else and I'm very happy for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment