Friday, November 16, 2012

Quick Trip to Utah

 Took a quick trip to Utah last week to get a few things in order.  Paige and Sue picked me up at the airport and we headed to Shay & Nic's where mom and dad were waiting with dinner (my plane was late!), watching the Utah Jazz in triple overtime and of course, playing with Nixon!  He's gotten so big since I left and after that Skype visit he just needed to be held....by ME!  Sara and Robyn were there too and I can't believe how tall they are getting!


 The next day we went to our storage shed to move things around to make more room, stopped by our house to take photos (our renter moved out), then headed to Nic's apartment to move his stuff out and into our storage shed. Fortunately it was mostly just bedroom furniture and clothes so between Mom & Dad, Taylor and yours truly we got it mostly out the first day.  Jess and I went back the following day to finish up and clean.

 Jessica's boss rewards his employees once a year with a paid family day so we hit Cafe Rio and then he treated us to pedicures!  Isn't that a great way to treat your employees?
 That night the whole family met at Golden Corral for lots of good food and fun. Mom had reserved a private room so we got to spread out and hang out at our leisure.
Ryan & Jen

Taylor, Jess and her friend, Nic.

Sara, Robyn, Denise, Craig and Paige

Nic, Shay, Jeff and Karen

Taylor is lovin' that fondue!

They still had their Veteran's Day stuff up so had to get a shot of the  Coast Guard flag!
 Since we got everything done so quickly I had a day to just play.  I went to a Bikram Yoga class with a friend that totally kicked my butt!  Tom and I had really loved hot yoga in Alabama but this was totally different.  I made it through 30 minutes of a 90 minute class!  I couldn't breathe, was a tad sick to my stomach and thought hmmmmm, guess I can sit here on the mat for an hour or get out of here!  Embarrassing!  Did some running around with mom and dad, visited some friends, got a great haircut from my usual gal Ruth, hooked up with Taylor and his friend for dinner then went to visit Nicholas.  He's going to do 5 months of treatment in the RSAT (Residential Substance Abuse Treatment) program before continuing more treatment out in the community.  It is trying, but I still feel a real sense of peace about where he is and his continued safety.  I get upset when I think of him spending the holidays there, but he's warm, safe and most importantly...clean, and that's what is important.  We just continue to pray for his healing.  I also have to say, Nic's landlord was just such a blessing to us.  He did everything in his power to offer this kid a second chance by providing a place to live where he could keep his dog and he even battled the HOA on Nic's behalf.  He didn't know us from Adam, but I found his condo on Craigslist and told him the truth about Nic's situation.  He didn't hesitate and has bent over backwards to work with us.  We truly have thanked God for him everyday.
 Flew out Friday afternoon and had this little guy in front of me.  Two year old who was very verbal and VERY excited about the airplanes as we waited to take off.  He kept peeking back through the seat and talking to me about the planes.  Later when we were in the air he stood and keep peeking over the top of the seat to tell me and my other seat mates "Hi!".  He was darling.

Always love to get above the clouds for this gorgeous view.........

No comments: