For Valentines Day Tom and I alternate who plans the date and it usually means going away for a weekend. However we've been gone so much and we're going away next weekend so I decided to just plan a fun night out for last night. PLUS we'd already had that whole 5 day play time last weekend!
I got us tickets to the DC Improv Comedy Club since we both love good comedians and it's been a good while since we've been to see one. Sebastian Maniscalco was in town and since Taylor had introduced him to me on Netflix and I thought he was hilarious I thought it would be a good night out. 
I met Tom at the metro near his office and we went into town. A bit early so we walked around the neighborhood a bit. This building is where my agency Capital Talent Agency is located.
We got there early enough so we could have dinner before the show started and got great seats dead center but not close enough to be a target for the performer!
It's fun to see comedians 'cause you never know when they're going to become big shots. We saw Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno when they were both doing just stand up in Salt Lake and we saw Sinbad just a few years ago in Ogden. Usually hit and miss with smaller names but as long as they're not vulgar (not funny) we always have a good time. I would still love to see Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan live sometime but we've blown through our entertainment budget for now!
It takes a lot to get us out of the house at night in winter but we had a great time and belated Valentine date!


No comments:
Post a Comment