It went well, but you never know about these things. Will just have to wait and see!
| A little wall art on my walk in Crystal City to the Marriott |
Next I had an appointment with the LDS Job Resources office and met a great guy named Stephen Boyd who after our discussion, invited me to the BYU Management Society luncheon where they have networking and guest speakers. The speaker was terrific and used to be a big shot with Ford and spoke about ethics in the work place. I also signed up for a 2 day workshop in Maryland which is the office of the Job Resources people and it's also the Bishop's Storehouse. Anyway, there were about 12 of us and they talked about re-working your resume', networking, figuring out what you really want to do, etc. A lot of great info. I'm going back this coming week for a 2 hour class just on resumes. I'm having a hard time making my 30 years of acting, 5 years of real estate and my 20 years ago event and banquet planning translate into marketable skills on a resume'. Hoping they can help me!
Brother Boyd also suggested I call Judy Istook who is in charge of the big BYU Society Dinner coming up next weekend and see if she needed any help. So we communicated, I went to her volunteer meeting at The Marriott Hotel where the dinner is being held and it just so happened she lost her person in charge of flowers so I got that job in a hurry. That will be a story for next week!
Finally, I got an invitation to come back to Ford's Theatre for another audition for a musical they're doing next winter. They sent me music and some scenes but I don't have a piano so fortunately I found this little piano AP on my phone along with a recorder so I could plunk out the notes, record them and play it back. Awesome! I did feel a little ridiculous doing it but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!
No comments:
Post a Comment