Thursday, March 21, 2013

Foggy Bottom

Old hair clippers but I like this cute little suitcase
Now that Eleanor is moved into the Seashore Gardens Living Center, Tom and his siblings are trying to get her house ready to sell.  While he was in NJ over the weekend they went over and started going through things.  A few treasures he brought home: 
Yep, that's a KitchenAid mixer!
Trinkets for Taylor to go through
A huge box of letters that he saved from when he was in the service.  I won't tell you how tall the pile of "old girl friend" letters was!



I met my friend Dalliss at the Foggy Bottom Metro station.  She's helping me with a project and this is about half way for us, PLUS she had never been to the Kennedy Center and I thought it would be fun to head there.   I like this Metro stop because it's always bustling with activity.  It's right outside George Washington University Hospital, the university itself, and the free Kennedy Center shuttle picks up every 15 minutes so there are always cool people hanging around.  Great for people watching  AND a little flower stand where the proprietor sells pretty bunches of roses for $5

 





We had a great walk around the Center (bazillions of kids there with their schools) then found a booth in the KC Cafe that we took over for a couple of hours of lunch and talk.  Great day!


No comments: