So glad he's joining us but I can tell it's going to take some getting used to having become accustomed to our "just the two of us" ways. For instance, I set up the tv trays so we could watch the news (or in this case football playoffs) while we eat dinner. Taylor promptly suggested we turn the tv off as it was "the greatest contributor to the downfall and demise of the American family". Um. Okay. Looks like we might start eating at the table again.
Tom had to be at work at 3 AM Sunday morning for an Inaugural dress rehearsal and Taylor slept in so I headed to church on my own. Great service which I'll address in another post, but stayed for the second service to help out with the Sunday school as they were short staffed. Lesson was about Jesus healing the lepers and the kids were over the moon about placing red dots all over some cut out dolls so they looked like lepers. Very funny, those little ones.
Tom got home not long after I did and we continued a discussion (with Taylor taking the helm) about updating our phones (we all have ancient flip phones) and getting rid of cable so we could get Netflix. We put Taylor in charge of research on the topics and after he presented his findings I got on the phone with T-Mobile and called to look into their deals. By the time I got off the phone with her we had 3 FREE Samsung Smartphones and had cut our monthly bill in half! I guess it pays to have 15 years of clout with a company and a 19 year old who pushes you to move into the new century!
In our desire to see all of the Oscar nominated films we headed out to see Life of Pi. I had read the book with my group in Utah and couldn't believe a film could be made of it but I LOVED it! In contrast I didn't much like Django Unchained on Friday night. Too long, too violent, too Tarantino. After all the raw fish eating in "Pi" we had a hankering for sushi so powered through the fog into Old Town Alexandria for a yummy dinner. Yeah, we played a little fast and loose with the fruit and veggie diet this weekend (Tom brought me a huge slice of "carrot" cake and I somehow justified it) but it WAS my birthday after all!
The rest of the evening was spent on the phone with family and enjoying all the Facebook birthday wishes from friends and family. It was a great day!
| My awesome birthday dates |
1 comment:
This post made me laugh! Sounds like a great birthday to me!
Post a Comment