Thursday, September 6, 2012

Spirit of America

 After three rescheduled appointments (the girl I was meeting has 4 month old twins and nanny issues) I finally met with the folks at Keller Williams in downtown DC.  I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the second half of my life, career wise.  I know it's crazy to come into a new town and start over but according to the team leader in the office, she did just that after she moved from Atlanta.  She did however say they took her real estate license because of reciprocity and she only had to re-do the state tests.  Well, when I called the testing company they apparently don't have that same reciprocity with Utah.  Great.  So now I need to do a little more research and decide if it's worth starting all over again.  It's not just having to re-license it's the financial investment that is required in starting what is basically your own business.  Hmm.


 Wednesday, Tom was going over to the DC Armory to watch the final dress rehearsal of Spirit of America.  It's an annual huge production with music, stories, video, the old guard, etc. that travels outside DC and goes someplace different every year.  It's free, but you need to have tickets and they perform it in arena type venues.

The armory was huge and it turned out to not exactly be a final dress as the lights were left on so we were able to see everyone frantically running around trying to prepare for their next entrance.  They are not trained actors, they are soldiers, but they still did a good job. Fabulous musicians and a lot of the same performances we saw at the Twilight Tattoo show.

 I grabbed a seat behind a monitor so I could see the video and photos that during a real show will be shown on a huge screen.

 At the end of the show they play all the service's theme songs and they have audience members from those services stand up.  Well, this is put on by an Army base so when THAT song played, the whole place stood up!
 The armory is right next door to Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium where the Washington Redskins used to play but it looks like it's now used for soccer.  Glad I looked that up because I would have totally gone there to see the Redskins play!

No comments: