Monday, January 9, 2012

Holiday Wrap-Up

Nice when you have fresh greenery to cut right outside your door!
 Thought I would hit the highlights of December that I missed along the way.  The Holiday Ball for all the students was held the 9th in downtown Montgomery at the gorgeous Renaissance Hotel & Convention Center.  Tom helped with registration while I checked out the silent auction items.  I sang with a band made up of one other female spouse and two students who played guitar and bass along with some backup comical percussion from the MC.  We had ONE rehearsal the night before but sounded pretty darned good for being thrown together so quickly.  We were the entertainment for the night but there was so much going on I'm not sure we were heard very well.  Our camera battery also died so of course there are no pix other than this of our table and the lovely lobby decorations.
 Went with minimal decor at the apartment.  The only thing we brought was the "deployment tree" which is the tree Tom bought when he was in DC for a year.  It has little fiber optic ends that change colors and yes, it was lopsided all the time. I've also kept cute Christmas cards I've received over the years and cut them up to use as tags on gifts.  This year I cut them up and used them as ornaments on our tree.  I did buy a couple of strings of white lights for the veranda but everything else was adapted from All A Dollar or sent to me from my mom or my friend Linda.  Both were afraid I'd miss my Santa collection so sent me a couple of St. Nick's to help with the holiday spirit.  Loved being able to take it all down in half an hour!




No comments: