Monday, January 23, 2012

Bachelorette Party

One of Tom's classmates got married over Christmas so the "guys" all decided to go out to dinner Friday night to celebrate.  While they went to Montgomery for Thai food I had the spouses over to my place so we could meet Vanessa, Geoff's new bride.  They met in Italy when he was stationed there and he stayed in her bed and breakfast for a month.  One of those crazy meet, fall in love in Europe and 7 months later get married in Vegas over the Christmas break stories!

Olga and new bride Vanessa

 New mom Danielle came over as well as Bonnie who is expecting next month.  We all loved holding darling baby Ariana!
 Because it was all last minute I put the tiny white lights up along with some heart decorations in the apartment. Fortunately because of Valentine's Day there were plenty of "love" trinkets to be had.  I made a pot of chicken noodle soup, some rolls, stuffed puff appetizers from Costco, cheese & fruit platter and cupcakes.  I set up some crafts for us to work on.....painting clothespins to use for hanging all the new baby and wedding photos they all have and some beads and hemp to make some jewelry.  We mostly just laughed, talked and grazed on the food all night.  Vanessa was darling and happy to meet the other wives.  She lives just around the corner from me in the same complex so I'm sure I'll see more of her.


The boys doing the town!  New groom Geoff is in the center in the grey sweater.


No comments: