Thursday, December 8, 2011

What I'm doing while we're here.......


 So, like most of you I have a huge stash of recipes that I've collected over the years.  Some (most) of which I've never tried.  So with some time on my hands and a very easy to please husband who likes just about everything, I've started working my way though this binder.


Some are clipped from newspapers, some are entire segments pulled from magazines and others are printed from the computer.  Some have been awesome and have rated a * while others have been pried from the dried glue and thrown in the trash.  I've decided they really have to be fabulous to stay as I tend to rely on my favorites anyway.



I'll share one of those (hence the hot pink post-it note) that I got from a Cooking Light magazine as one of their Top Ten recipes one year.  My friend Merri Dawn gave me a subscription one Christmas and I have several "all time hits" that have come from that publication.  This one is simple, tastes amazing and everyone will want your recipe.  Can even turn asparagus haters around!


Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter

2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
Cooking spray
1/4 t. kosher salt
1/8 t. black pepper
2 T. butter
2 t. low sodium soy sauce
1 t. balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until tender

Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat, cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally.  Remove from hear, stir in soy sauce and vinegar.  Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.  Yield: 8 servings (5 spears per person)

No comments: