Monday, December 5, 2011

Jingle Bell Run

 Tom decided to run this 5K and at the last minute I opted to go along and just run it without registering or being timed.  I needed to do a 30-60 walk anyway (part of my "how to train for a 5K" schedule) so this seemed way more fun than walking around town by myself.

It was held at Huntingdon College which is in a historical section of Montgomery called Cloverdale.  I'll blog about that some other day.  But this campus is gorgeous and for those of you in Utah reminds me a lot of Westminster College.

 The fun part of this race was that everyone was dressed up in various ways.  Tom had bells on his shoes which they had passed out with his t-shirt (I tried to get him to wear a Rudolph nose but he was having none of it) but there was plenty of great holiday attire!  We didn't know any of these people but they were gracious enough to let me take their photos.  Well except for Santa.....we know HIM of course!






This is the Christmas tree who passed me during the run.  He had a co-hort who was dressed as a big gift and he passed me too.  Yeah, that's embarrassing and yes, I was taking photos during the run...until Tom came back after he finished and took the camera from me!

I did end up running most of the race and probably finished in about the same time as I did the Turkey Burner.  We're doing another one next week and I HAVE to get better.  HAVE TO!!! Hold me accountable people!

 It always takes forever for the awards so we end up walking around and sampling the goodies.  Today's fare was mini biscuits with that famous Conecuh sausage I wrote about earlier and protein drinks along with the usual bananas. bagels and plenty of bottled water.  The campus grounds were really pretty and we snuck a peek into the library which was gorgeous.

Tom took 2nd place in his age category and instead of the usual medal on a ribbon got this awesome Santa trophy which will now become a cherished member of my Santa collection and one of our very few Christmas decorations in Alabama.

No comments: