Friday, October 7, 2011

Bible Study

I have been incredibly blessed throughout my life to be surrounded by amazing women. I'll talk about all of them at some point but today I want to mention my Sunday School gals from home and my new Bible Study group here.

We have had the greatest women's class at Alpine for the past couple of years. People have come and gone but it has been a wonderfully safe place for us to share, pray, cry and laugh ourselves silly. Sheri and Amy have been in tune with God and have chosen just the right material that we seemed to need at that precise time. They will all be meeting tonight for the annual Fall Fling with great speakers, yummy food, praise music and fellowship. Though I clearly can't be there, I will be in spirit. I miss those girls like crazy!


I am however, so happy that we have bible studies for spouses here. I found a great group that meets Tuesday mornings from 9-11 AM at a home on base. Kate has graciously let us take over her kitchen, living and dining room on those mornings for fresh baked goodies, coffee and fellowship. I love that these types of groups always provide an immediate bond as we study and share together. Though we all come from different places and different backgrounds, we all share something very precious in common, therefore making us sisters immediately.


We are doing a Beth Moore study. If you aren't familiar with her she's a fabulous, high energy teacher who is crazy about the Lord and isn't afraid to show it. I love the way she teaches! Her lessons include an hour dvd that we watch as a group and then we discuss the week's homework from our workbooks that we take home. This one is called Stepping Up, A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent and is a study of Psalms 120-134. I've done a bunch of Beth's classes before including Breaking Free, When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, Jesus the One and Only, Believing God and Daniel. Each came at a time when I really needed THAT particular word to get me through whatever was going on in my life. Funny how God works that way.




No comments: