![]() |
| Me, Kristin, Alexis and Michele |
Our weekends have been super busy lately and this one was no different. We went to church Sunday morning and it was nice to just relax and enjoy the sermon before working the second service. I had to take off early because I was meeting the girls for lunch in DuPont Circle. Kristin's mom was supposed to join us but when they got up and looked at her ticket to fly home that afternoon it was actually 2 hours earlier than she had thought. We had a lot of catching up to do since they've all been very busy with school and work. Had a great time though.
In the mean time Tom left after the third service and met Randy at the Waterfront to go sailing. We met Randy on the Metro one day not long after we moved to DC. We were talking to someone else who was wearing Utah Jazz swag and then Randy joined in. Turned out he's from Utah as well and he was on his way to church at NCC. He took sailing lessons this summer and now can go out on his own for a few hours at a time. I wanted to go as well as the day was absolutely perfect but had already made plans with the girls. But Tom said they had a great time.
So we've been trying to have the Fuhrmanns over to our place all summer but between our two schedules it's never worked out. So Sunday night Dalliss and I decided to be spontaneous and just meet up at King Street Metro the next morning.
We took the free trolley down King Street in Old Town to the Waterfront and walked along there for a bit before heading back up the street and enjoying some of the cute shops. It's great fun for just window shopping.
Monday night was my new small group at Kim's apartment near Nats Stadium. Mostly younger women but Kim, Beth and I are nearer in age. We're reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and each week we make a little something. One to keep and one to give away. Last week we made the little notebooks to keep with us as we're supposed to be keeping track of 1000 gifts or blessings we enjoy every day. We also made a decorated caramel apple but for some reason it didn't set up right so wasn't really presentable as a gift. Hence, Tom and I shared it. This week we decorated a small candle in a pot and then made a Cowgirl Cookie mix in a jar to give away. I gave mine to Rachel and Ernest when they brought Dylan over.


No comments:
Post a Comment