We were on U Street last week at The Lincoln Theatre which is right next door to historic Ben's Chili Bowl. It's been there since 1958 and is famous in the city. We sat at the counter and there's a sign up that says everyone has to pay except Bill Cosby and members of the Obama family. A very mixed clientele and the employees (tons of them!) were incredibly friendly. As for the food….it was good….I'm not sure how you can screw up a chili dog, though the flavor of chili sauce was much more prevalent in these than regular ones I've had before.
New Year's Eve we had some friends over for a quiet dinner. We wrapped up around 9:30 and Tom and I just kicked back. We're not big partiers so this is the perfect way to celebrate for us. I was starting to feel like I was coming down with something and sure enough the next couple of days I was down for the count. As soon as I started feeling a little better, Tom came down with it. It did however give us some good quiet time to go over our 2014 and beyond goals and to check out some good documentaries on Netflix between football games. After being confined to the apartment for several days we decided to get some fresh air and drive about an hour away to Fredericksburg, VA on Saturday.
We went to check out something specific but decided to walk around town a bit. Watched a little video about the history of the town at the visitor's center then checked out some shops.
| Thought this was a GREAT name! |
Great little shops, antiques, galleries, boutiques, book shops and lots of eateries. We had already eater so didn't stop of any of those but we'd definitely like to go back some time!
No comments:
Post a Comment