Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas at National Harbor with Alexis

 So we have been warned of this huge storm coming in so we weren't quite sure what to expect.  Monday morning was icy when I ran Tom to the Metro around 6 AM and things were still icy when I walked over to the Metro to meet Alexis.  We snapped some photos on the short walk back.

 She brought me the beautiful "JOY" ornament hand made by her mom in Singapore. So pretty!

 I gave her a stocking full of homemade goodies and a snowflake ornament made from salt from the Great Salt Lake in Utah.  She was so excited to see the new apartment and to see how American families decorate for the holiday.  We took the short drive to National Harbor and did a quick drive around the new outlet stores that just opened then parked and walked around the Harbor area.

 We had lunch at Pier House (fish & chips with catfish and sweet potato fries-yum!) then walked over to the Gaylord convention center to look around.  The sun actually came out for a bit but as we headed back it got grayer and grayer out.
 After I dropped Alexis at home I drove through Rock Creek Park which I just think is gorgeous.  Snapped some pix of the bridges along the way……..





 That storm does look pretty ugly…….

Headed over to Tom's office to pick him up and snapped a pix of the scaffolding continuing to come down off the Washington Monument.

No comments: