Saturday, November 2, 2013

Taylor Moves to NYC

So I'm going to backtrack a month here and get caught up and through the magic of being able to change the date on this blog it will look like I stayed completely up to date on everything.  


 So we loaded up the car on Saturday morning to take Taylor to New York.  Turned out there was not enough room for both parents so Tom got to have some bonding hours with baby boy as he ventured out on this new experience. Yes, that car was jam packed.

Park Place in Brooklyn.  He is sharing an apartment on the third floor (above the blue awning) with three other friends.  One friend left so a bedroom opened up for Taylor. He will look for a job and will have until Feb. (when their lease is up) to decide if he likes living in the city.

 The place kind of reminds me of every NYC cop show where they clomp up several flights of stairs to get the bad guy.  Or rather, get information to track down the bad guy.

This is Taylor's friend (and now room mate) Jared who also moved here from Utah.  Taylor lived with his family for awhile when we were in Alabama.


 Hoping he can turn all his stuff into a cozy space.  Have to say I'm having a little anxiety about this move.  Mostly because NYC gives ME anxiety.  I know I'm supposed to love it because of the theatre and the excitement of the city but frankly, it just doesn't do it for me.  Feels dirty, grey and dirty.  But for Taylor, who is more adventurous than I…this is the perfect time to give it a try.  He's young, open to change and will always be able to say he lived in NYC for awhile.


No comments: