I arrived in Salt Lake City Sunday afternoon after we had received the call about Lydia. Craig picked me up, helped me load some of Nic's stuff from a friend's house which we dropped at the storage shed and where dad met us. Sharon (dad's sister) was visiting as well from California for her class reunion in Morgan so I got to see her and her daughter-in-law Barbara. We had some hot games of Sequence and Dominoes!
Nic has a pretty busy schedule so I spent a good portion of the week running him around as well but in between I got to see some good friends.
It turns out the Davis Arts Council fundraising breakfast was being held the one day I was there so I was able to attend, help out a bit and hear Teresa sing. She and I had cheeseburgers at our favorite Sill's cafe later in the week.
We also got to meet up with Chris and Tyler Mooney for lunch at The Habit in Farmington. Man, that place has grown with all the new stores and such! Nic and Tyler have been friends since grade school.
I got to hang out with nieces Sara and Robyn a little bit after they went to the Davis High orientation. They shouldn't be old enough to be in high school and jr. high!
Got to spend time just visiting with mom and dad who have graciously opened their home to Nic during his 6 month transitional period through the Davis county drug court system. Nice to just sit in their pretty backyard during a very emotional week.
Friday night after the funeral we headed to Salt Lake to watch Jess play softball. She got some great hits and played first base like a pro!

Nothing as pretty as Utah mountains
She has two games every Friday night so Paige was doing a Panda Express stop for Robyn between games and grabbed Jess and Nic some dinner as well.......I think Nic was sick of having his picture taken.
I got up Saturday morning and mom, dad, Paige and I went and had blood drawn for check-ups at a hospital near them then I headed to SLC to have breakfast with Kim and Brent. Didn't even get a pix! Then I went over to Kirt and Jerry's to meet their new little one. They adopted him after we left so I've only been able to see Oscar in photos. He was a bright spot in a rather bleak week!
Sunday was more baby fun after going to church and seeing old friends. Jeff invited us for dinner at his place where we got to play with baby Nixon.
Aunt Susie tracked us down and dropped by to say hello......
We finished off the evening with the free Sunday night concert at the Ed Kenley theatre featuring Code Blue....an oldies cover band. Beautiful night and a lovely way to end a difficult week before flying out early Monday morning. Brother Jeff was kind enough to swoop me up on his way to work.
Nic has a pretty busy schedule so I spent a good portion of the week running him around as well but in between I got to see some good friends.
![]() |
| Teresa, Lori (who is fostering Floyd for us) and Kirt |
It turns out the Davis Arts Council fundraising breakfast was being held the one day I was there so I was able to attend, help out a bit and hear Teresa sing. She and I had cheeseburgers at our favorite Sill's cafe later in the week.
We also got to meet up with Chris and Tyler Mooney for lunch at The Habit in Farmington. Man, that place has grown with all the new stores and such! Nic and Tyler have been friends since grade school.
I got to hang out with nieces Sara and Robyn a little bit after they went to the Davis High orientation. They shouldn't be old enough to be in high school and jr. high!
Got to spend time just visiting with mom and dad who have graciously opened their home to Nic during his 6 month transitional period through the Davis county drug court system. Nice to just sit in their pretty backyard during a very emotional week.Friday night after the funeral we headed to Salt Lake to watch Jess play softball. She got some great hits and played first base like a pro!

Nothing as pretty as Utah mountains
She has two games every Friday night so Paige was doing a Panda Express stop for Robyn between games and grabbed Jess and Nic some dinner as well.......I think Nic was sick of having his picture taken.
I got up Saturday morning and mom, dad, Paige and I went and had blood drawn for check-ups at a hospital near them then I headed to SLC to have breakfast with Kim and Brent. Didn't even get a pix! Then I went over to Kirt and Jerry's to meet their new little one. They adopted him after we left so I've only been able to see Oscar in photos. He was a bright spot in a rather bleak week!
Sunday was more baby fun after going to church and seeing old friends. Jeff invited us for dinner at his place where we got to play with baby Nixon.
Aunt Susie tracked us down and dropped by to say hello......
![]() |
| Shaylee, Jen and Karen |
![]() |
| Mom. dad and Jeff |
![]() |
| Nixon with gramps and great-gramps! |
| Preparing to land at Dulles |























No comments:
Post a Comment