Our last few days in Utah were spent squeezing as much family and fun time in as we could. We went to see WICKED at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake which was awesome. We had never seen it though I know the entire score by heart and Jess really wanted to go so we made it family thing.
Tom was going to try and detox from all the Good-n-Plenty mom kept putting out but every time he'd finish a bowl, more would appear.
Through a minor miracle and a landlord who I know was put here by God, we finally found an apartment for Nicholas. At the last minute however, the dog became an issue but hoping we found our way around that as well. We spent several days with great help from mom & dad getting his room set up.
I spent one morning with Sara and Robyn. They helped me do some last minute things in Nic's place then we drove down Main Street in Bountiful (where I grew up) to The Book Garden. It's a used book store where I have a lot of credit because I donated boxes of books when we moved. Sara is a big time reader and we're trying to convince Robyn that she should be so they got to go pick out an armload of books each for nothing! Even Robyn seemed excited about it so hopefully she'll enjoy the things she chose.
After lunch with the girls I dropped them off and went to meet my good friend Jayne in Farmington. She had brought her dog Amanda and we decided to go for a walk on Lagoon Trail. This trail runs through our neighborhood in Farmington and we miss it a lot so this was a great way to spend the afternoon. We had a good long visit and a great workout as well.
Jessica came up for weekends to have sleepovers and we spent Saturday morning at the 25th Street Farmer's Market in downtown Ogden. We shared a banana & Nutella crepe while looking at all the produce, crafts and goodies and also ran into some old friends.
We've also been trying to convince mom and dad that they should try sushi. Neither seemed very excited about it so on one of our last nights in town we took them to Tona which is a great place also on 25th Street in Ogden. I chose 3 safe options for us to share with fish I knew they'd like then we also had some yummy tempura shrimp & veggies. They actually seemed to like it!
Finally, our last day we made a quick stop in Centerville where Taylor was having Chinese food with friends to say our good-byes. He'll be coming to join us soon so we're looking forward to that!
Tom was going to try and detox from all the Good-n-Plenty mom kept putting out but every time he'd finish a bowl, more would appear.
Through a minor miracle and a landlord who I know was put here by God, we finally found an apartment for Nicholas. At the last minute however, the dog became an issue but hoping we found our way around that as well. We spent several days with great help from mom & dad getting his room set up.
| We spruced up Grandma Lola's old dresser with some spray paint and new hardware! |
I spent one morning with Sara and Robyn. They helped me do some last minute things in Nic's place then we drove down Main Street in Bountiful (where I grew up) to The Book Garden. It's a used book store where I have a lot of credit because I donated boxes of books when we moved. Sara is a big time reader and we're trying to convince Robyn that she should be so they got to go pick out an armload of books each for nothing! Even Robyn seemed excited about it so hopefully she'll enjoy the things she chose.
After lunch with the girls I dropped them off and went to meet my good friend Jayne in Farmington. She had brought her dog Amanda and we decided to go for a walk on Lagoon Trail. This trail runs through our neighborhood in Farmington and we miss it a lot so this was a great way to spend the afternoon. We had a good long visit and a great workout as well.
Finally, our last day we made a quick stop in Centerville where Taylor was having Chinese food with friends to say our good-byes. He'll be coming to join us soon so we're looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment